CachedNDArray - data structure that allows to deal with large N-dimensional arrays through caching method:
- Allows to avoid Matlab out-of-memory error by caching large array into several files on hard disk and then reading the necessary chunks using
- The data structure is inherited from handle abstract class which avoids parameter-by-value and supports parameter-by-reference.
- Supports two types of movements - continuous (very slow) and discrete (fast); the former might have no more than two file to represent a chunk; while the latter means the data is processed chunk-after-chunk, and each chunk is represented strictly as a single file.
- Caching flag can be set to either manual or automatic mode. If no caching is needed to perform, the
CachedNDArray is treated like a normal Matlab array.
- Automatic or manual dimension breakage into number of chunks.
View on github